Sweet Potato Casserole
- No-stick cooking spray
- Two 23.5 jars of mandarin oranges in 100% Fruit Juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 18 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 4 – 5 medium to large sweet potatoes cut into round slices
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cover a deep baking dish with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and place the juice into a bowl.
- Add the honey and sea salt to the bowl of juice and whisk.
- Place the graham crackers, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Pound the resealable bag with a meat tenderizer (meat mallet).
- Place ½ of the sweet potatoes into the deep baking dish.
- Pour the contents of the whisked bowl of juice into the baking dish.
- Add the mandarin oranges to the baking dish.
- Arrange the remaining ½ of the sweet potatoes into the baking dish.
- Top the sweet potatoes with the graham cracker mixture (that is in the resealable bag).
- Spray the top of the graham cracker mixture.
- Lightly cover the top of the pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 hours.
FYI – we like to prep this dish in advance and use the oven timer to start the dish two hours before we plan to eat.
Easy Simple Healthy Recipes