French Toast Recipe
- · ¼ cup of Sugar in the Raw
- · 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- · ¾ cup of fat-free milk
- · 1 egg
- · 1 griddle (I prefer electric, but stovetop is fine)
- · 1 ½ tablespoons of butter
- · 4 slices of whole grain white bread
- 1. Preheat the electric griddle to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Whisk egg in a bowl.
- 3. Add the sugar to the bowl and whisk.
- 4. Add vanilla to the bowl and whisk.
- 5. Add milk to the bowl and whisk.
- 6. Melt butter on the griddle.
- 7. Place the bread (one at a time) into the bowl and then onto the griddle.
- 8. Cook bread on the griddle until brown on each side (about 3 minutes per side).
- 9. Enjoy!!
FYI – we like to set out the griddle, Sugar in the Raw, vanilla and bowl the night before.